adidas Originals partner with South African street artist to celebrate Stan Smith
South African street artist Falko is known for his murals of elephants, of which there are more than 200 dotted around the country. The Cape Town-born artist has won international acclaim for his incredible situational artworks, which usually comprise of a three-piece mural and when put together tell a story. Known as one of the most important (and earliest) street artists in the world, his awe-inspiring paintings can be found on buildings and people’s homes across the country and in some parts of the world. In his latest collaboration with adidas Originals, Falko creates a three-piece mural inspired by the latest Stan Smith campaign which can be found in and around Johannesburg. ‘I never tell people what to think about my art. I want them to have conversations about it among themselves,’ he says. But that’s not all, consumers in Johannesburg can engage with Falko’s mural pieces and the Stan Smith conversation by entering the following competition:
- Spot one of the Stan Smith mural pieces, take an image & post on Instagram tagging @adidasza. @adidasza will DM the directions and clue to the next location.
- Post & tag adidasZA on all three mural pieces to complete the puzzle & stand a chance to win a R5000 adidas voucher.
- The first 10 people to complete & post win.
Join the movement and end plastic waste by changing a few things in your personal space:
- Opt for reusable cloth bags instead of plastic bags when grocery shopping.
- Say no to plastic straws and opt for a reusable straw.
- Choose products in glass containers over plastic packaging.
- Bring your own cup to coffee shops. Even paper cups are often lined with plastic.
- Sharing is caring – get your friends and family to join the movement to a cleaner future.
The next stage of adidas Originals’ sustainable journey with Disney launches on 1st April 2021, at adidas.co.za and at adidas Originals stores, with prices starting from R1499. Follow the conversation on adidasZA using the #ENDPLASTICWASTE and #STANSMITHFOREVER on Instagram.